Epic Armoury’s Baal is a beautiful two-handed sword with variable grip and an extra long blade. From tip to pommel, the Baal spans a massive 140 cm, including a 100 cm long center ridged blade with a leather wrapped ricasso for half-swording techniques integral to longsword fighting in close quarters. The blade can be used with both hands on the handle, or with one hand shifted up onto the ricasso for improved control and greater maneuvering speed.
The Baal sword has a V-shaped crossguard decorated with diamond patterns, protecting the 32 cm handle wrapped in split-leather. The grip is ergonomic to give you the best possible control of the lengthy blade. The pentagonal pommel is designed to match the crossguard.
This Baal sword has been designed to fit medieval or fantasy genres with a realistic look that will fit knights and other elite warriors looking for a powerful, stylish edge. Made from durable closed cell foam around a solid fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your battlefield kit.
Available in Gold, Silver, or Copper.
- Inspired by a Prince of Hell by the name of Baal, said to be Satan’s main assistant
- Baal is also a term used for Lord, and is at times synonymous with God
- Two-handed swords were not common until after the 13th century, gaining popularity as an infantry weapon in the 15th and 16th centuries
- Also referred to as a Zweihänder (lit. Two-Hander)
- Soldiers who trained to use these swords were called Meister des langen Schwertes (lit. Master of the Long Sword)
- Required the use of two hands to wield, and was so long that it had to be carried without a sheath on the shoulder like a halberd
|Material:||Leather, EVA, Latex|
|Maintenance:||Treat with Silicone Maintenance Spray after each use for best results|